Friday 17 April 2009

FAIRYTALE PROJECT

My brief was to produce an A2 colour screen printed poster for Snow White. I wanted to keep my work as simple as possible as posters need to attract attention immediately. I decided to stick to a basic colour scheme of white, cream, red and black as these colours work well together and the black and the red stand out against the white and cream. I also wanted my design to be a bit eerie and i went for the idea of using two hands, belonging to the witch, and Snow White. The witches hand was drawn to look pointy, angular and knarled to get across her personality. Snow Whites hand is rounded and innocent and holding the apple which is a key image in the story. I chose to make the information on the poster act as the poison from the apple entering Snow Whites body. This looks decorative and interesting and I am happy with the outcom
e of my design, although the screens were printed with an unwanted gap in which is visible on my final poster. This seems to work with the image though. One of my big influences for this project was Jason Munn, I looked to him for ideas on how to make poster images that would stand out while still looking interesting and without looking too simple. I also looked through his work when thinking about my colour schemes as he has a good sense of colour as well as composition.

Poster by Jason Munn:












Here is my final poster:


























No comments: