Tuesday 6 April 2010

CONTACT ATTEMPTS

I emailed Will Fox at the Daily Mail to hopefully get some feedback and/ or to arrange a visit while I was in London but was unsuccessful.

Hi James,

Thank you for your email. I'm afraid I'm not around next week
as I'm on holiday but I will happily look at any examples of your work that
you send through.

Many thanks

Will Fox
Weekend Magazine
020 7938 6000 (x3336)
07956 665 149
(Embedded image moved to file: pic30971.jpg)




To:

cc:
Subject:
jimbo jones


03/03/10 14:46





Hi, my name is James Richardson and I am in my final year of an
illustration degree in Manchester. I am coming to London between the 9th
and 11th of March and was wondering if you would have 5 minutes to look at
my illustration work. I have a few different styles of working and think my
work could be right for your magazine. I have enclosed a few pieces of work
so you can see my styles of working. If it would be possible to make an
appointment to see you, or if you would rather I send you some more work
via email then please get back to me.

Thanks for your time,

Regards,
James Richardson

I also contacted the following people with the same intentions but with no success:

Hi James

Thanks for your email. Because we’re constantly busy, we don’t have time to see people independently but welcome you to email in samples and I will put your website on my system.

Ped Millichamp
------------------------------
Deputy Art Editor
Radio Times
020 8433 3128

The following did not reply at all:

alison.lawn@newscientist.com
hello@thisismakebelieve.co.uk
carol.rogerson@redactive.co.uk
krzyzak@ubm.com


daniel.biasatti@johnbrowngroup.co.uk


simon.khalie@telegraph.co.uk


daviddriver@hotmail.co.uk


rebecca.mason@condenast.co.uk


adrian.aldred@redwoodgroup.net

No comments: