Thursday 1 April 2010

DDB LONDON

After visiting DDB Advertising Agency in London, I came out quite happy with the work I have been producing. Although we had been told that it is quite hard getting into the high end of the industry, I was excited when I saw that the work the agency used was not of a quality that I feel is unreachable for me. All I need to do is keep creating work, get a little bit more organised, and publicise myself. We were told how important it is to have a quick, fully functional website, which doesn't take time to load and is simple to navigate. It made me realise how busy these types of agency are, and they never have time to sit and wait for your website to load when they are trying to scout new illustrators. The world of illustration is fast paced and you need to know, and make sure you let people know you are aware of this. Having work on the internet that agencies can see within seconds is going to boost your chances of being seen and getting work. It is our responsibility to publicise and organise ourselves and it is only when we have got this sorted, that people are going to take an interest. You could have the best work in the world, but if people never see it, then, well, people never see it.

No comments: