Wednesday 31 March 2010

SAM CHIVERS
























I came across this guy in new scientist magazine when he did the illustration for an article on 'Cosmic lighthouses'. I still don't know what cosmic lighthouses are because when i saw the illustration I went to find out more about the artist who did it rather than reading the article.
Anyway, I checked this guys website out and found out his work on there is way better than the one image I had seen. He uses a lot of collage, photoshop and illustrator, whilst also incorporating other media such as line drawing and screenprinting to give his pieces a lot of different levels.



Sam creates and builds a lot of illustrator based landscapes, as well as producing band artwork and editorial work. This kind of work is not my favourite type of illustration, but for some reason it is the kind of thing i cannot get bored of. I really like his use of different textures and shapes and although he uses quite a few that I would never dream of using, his pieces as a whole are still really nice

No comments: