Monday 4 May 2009

EDUARDO PAOLOZZI










































Paolozzi is an artist that I often look to for inspiration. Recognised as one of the founders of Pop-art, he creates busy pieces of work often from found images and materials. His compositions were, at the time, frowned upon and not viewed as fine art. I remember reading about him once and someone had said that nobody is going to want a piece of art that has been stuck together with sellotape. Paolozzi continued working his own way ignoring the views of people around him and questioned what fine art really is. I like Paolozzi's work, the fact he doesnt try to hide anytheing, i.e. he leaves in the sellotape and glue to become part of the work and I like the way his work tells me that I do not have to work in any certain way to produce 'real art'.
My favourite piece of his is called Aeschesuss and although it contains hundreds of objects and pieces of visual information, you can tell that every piece he put down was considered and he spent a long time deciding how to make his composition perfect. 

Aeschesuss:


No comments: