Thursday 7 May 2009

PERSONAL WORK

(Not finished yet)












Just another canvas that I've been working on at home really. Not too much reason behind it, mainly an aesthetic piece with the intention of practicing using acrylics again as I feel I have ignored this way of working somewhat. I wanted to produce a nice image that showed some kind of confusion. The rectangle on the wall will be a plug socket and the bird will be picking a wire out of a plug thinking it is a worm. The carpet is painted to look a bit like grass and the wallpaper to look like leaves. Sounds rubbish I know, but I've done some sketches and its going to be immense :)

1 comment:

ChrisMadden said...

Alright jim,

i just came across this guy's work and it reminded me of you and your work. it's pretty similar to the stuff you do.

have a look, some of the stuff on his website is quite nice.

http://www.thibaudherem.com

Madden