Monday 4 May 2009

FLIGHT PROJECT




When I started this project I had no real idea what direction it was going to go in so I began by building up research on planes, aircraft and birds. After collecting, photographing and drawing I came up with the idea of basically taking 'flight' and removing the flight from it. For example, the photos below show some of my work after I had photographed planes, extracted information and reproduced that information to create new images which no longer visibly resembled anything to do with flight.




































These next images show me taking my work completely out of context. I used the images I had made by extracting aeroplane information and photographed them in scenarios that had nothing to do with flight,  removing almost all obvious meaning from my work. The photos below are my favourites out of the ones I took. I tried to take a leaf out of Charlie Whites book and produce photos that were bright and colourful and i used objects that looked odd and slightly out of place.








































































































No comments: