Wednesday 6 May 2009

FLORENCE MANLIK






















I think  I connect with Florence's because we both rely heavily on the use of line. Her work is all hand drawn and even the sections of block colour have been filled in with either lines or dots. I like the obvious effort that goes into her work, and although her aims are purely aesthetic, it is clear that she really wants to make something look beautiful and puts a lot of time and effort into her work. Florence works as both an  illustrator and textile artist producing soft, flowing pictures and patterns both for her personal work and for comissions. Despite not being any real meaning behind the work, I love it because it is pure and beautiful. I don't think there is enough beautiful art work out there anymore so it is nice when you see some.

images, blog, work etc:
http://www.florencemanlik.com/

No comments: