Wednesday 6 May 2009

JASON MUNN/ THE SMALL STAKES






























































Jason Munn is an American poster designer and also one of my favourite designers at this moment in time. He does illustrations for magazines and also lot of poster work for shops and bands I like such as death cab for cutie and modest mouse. His designs are all bold, simple and striking, and there is just something really sweet about his work. Munn has an awesome imagination and his magazine illustrations are always very clever as well as being visually beautiful. It is the simplicity of his work that makes it beautiful, along with a really good sense of composition. Sticking to a muted calm pastel colour scheme throughout, Munn produces really nice, relaxing artwork, often using creams instead of whites to make the image softer and easier on the eye. 

Jason Munn is someone I constantly refer to, for my poster project, my Secret History project and basically if I just need to brush up on simple i.e. what colours work well together. I have a lot of his work in a book at home and it is a book that is almost never closed.

His work is available below

http://www.thesmallstakes.com/

No comments: